O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) has an immediate opening for a Architectural Project Manager to join a dynamic team to work on a variety of federal projects. This position may be hybrid in-office/remote, provided the successful candidate is willing to travel for key meetings and as the team leader requires.
O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI), a well-established professional services firm in North Texas, serving customers nationwide, was founded in 1987 and serving federal (~70%), municipal, and private customers. We are a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business with a very strong backlog of work, currently seeking an Architectural Project Manager to join our team, responsible for facilitating project communication between the Construction Team and Design Team to ensure the design intent is achieved. This role successfully and efficiently reviews and processes all construction administrative tasks such as: finish submittals, shop drawings, and all RFIs in a timely manner. The Construction Administrator allows the project Design Teams to focus on current projects in the design process and consults with them on discrepancies in submittals/shop drawings and RFIs that need design attention. This position interacts regularly with Quality Assurance to convey improvements that can be made in future construction documentation and improves quality control.
- Observes work-in-progress to determine if procedures and materials comply with plans and specifications.
- Conducts field checks of materials and equipment.
- Reviews drawings and specifications for constructability, advises project architect/engineer of any deficiencies, and assists in developing solutions.
- Reviews project materials, documents, submittals, and schedules.
- Attends, and may conduct, project progress meetings and prepare minutes of the meeting.
- Reviews test results for conformity with plans and specifications.
- Advises project architect/engineer of deficiencies in materials or workmanship and assists in developing solutions.
- Documents construction progress with photographs and uploads notes/minutes.
- Proficient in the use of computers and other relevant hardware and software tools.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Architecture Engineering, or similar discipline.
- Eight (8+) plus years of experience in Architecture Project Management.
- Familiarity with construction management software packages (i.e.. Procore, Newforma, etc.).
- Familiarity with Revit.
About OEI: Are you ready to see your best efforts count?
O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) is a small North Texas firm with a big company future, and, if you’re the right fit, we could use your help getting there. We’ve had unparalleled success in winning many large federal contracts, providing a work pipeline that extends well into 2028. We also have a well-established, growing municipal, land development and private practice.
Ready to work in an environment and with leaders who value your work? See how we can partner together in a way that our best efforts will help build your career and your best efforts will strengthen our company in a way that is measurable, recognized, and appreciated.
OEI had its founding 35 years ago in Dallas, providing water resources engineering services in the municipal, land development, industrial and private market sectors. Over the years, we have grown to include program management, project management, civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, GIS mapping, and more. Added markets now include federal, healthcare, military, institutional, and real estate.
Benefits Summary: If you believe you have the qualifications and experience and are interested in joining our team, please send your resume, cover letter, and desired salary. OEI offers competitive salary and benefits including:
- medical and dental,
- Simple IRA with 3% matching,
- Short-Term Disability,
- Long-Term Disability,
- Life Insurance.
- taking ownership
- continuous improvement
- ethical behavior
What makes us unique?
- We offer high expertise in a small package
- We are structured to hear, understand, and solve customer problems
- We have a culture of training and employee development
Established in 1987 in North Texas, OEI serves clients nationwide and overseas. OEI is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Texas HUB, and NCTRCA SBE firm.
To apply: submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org