O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) is looking for a Water Resources Professional Engineer.
Primary Function: Subject Matter Expertise on engineering projects that are largely water resources focused including civil design, hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) modeling and analysis and may include surveying, environmental permitting, structural and other disciplines. Project scoping and proposal preparation; assistance with invoicing, budgeting, scheduling, managing project communication and documentation; presenting proposals, analysis, and solutions to clients, agencies, stakeholders, and regulators.
Proficiency with modeling using various H&H and hydrodynamic models and model development and mapping software.
Ability to conceptualize, scope, and manage a variety of drainage and flood related projects including master flood studies, master drainage studies, comprehensive watershed studies, bank stabilization design, storm drainage remediation design, hydraulic design of bridges, culverts, channels, flumes, energy dissipation design; dam rehabilitation design a plus.
Knowledge of and experience with permitting for a variety of projects through agencies such as USACE, FEMA, TCEQ, EPA and municipalities for projects that may include map revisions, floodplain alterations, corridor development certificates, dam safety, section 404, EISA 438 compliance, and water rights. Position involves providing direction and assist in mentoring junior staff.
- Developing project scope.
- Using ArcGIS and related tools to compile and individualize maps for each project.
- Collecting data through various databases for use in determining model parameters.
- Preparing hydrologic, hydraulic, hydrodynamic and 2D models.
- Prepares watershed mapping and inundation mapping.
- Preparing and presenting project presentations to clients and other external groups, in support of project objectives and deliverables.
- Preparing reports and directing staff in preparing graphics for reports.
- Preparing submittals for permit applications and communicates with agencies to address requests for information and clarifications.
- Performs such other duties as may be necessary from time to time.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (Water Resources focus, preferred). Graduate water resources degree is a plus. 10+ years of experience in civil engineering. 5+ years in water resources projects.
Additional Qualifications: Knowledge of production support systems and personal computer and software proficiency.
Professional Registrations: Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas (or license in another state with the ability and commitment to obtain Texas license within 12 months.)
- taking ownership
- continuous improvement
- ethical behavior
What makes us unique?
- We offer high expertise in a small package
- We are structured to hear, understand, and solve customer problems
- We have a culture of training and employee development
Established in 1987 in North Texas, OEI serves clients nationwide and overseas. OEI is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Texas HUB, and TxDOT SBE firm.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Maternal leave
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com