OEI is looking for a Deputy Federal Project Manager (Professional Engineer (Mechanical or Electrical) or Registered Architect) with demonstrable project management support management of military and/or federal projects. We are looking for a proven effective, driven project manager with recent experience on a mix of wide variety of federal projects. Our company enjoys a healthy variety of federal projects/task orders so the successful candidate will show demonstrated ability to manage multiple task orders in multiple states for multiple clients simultaneously, while delivering results that are according to the contract terms – on time, within budget, documented accurately, and to the clients’ overall satisfaction. We are looking for a strong manager with equally strong technical skills including design and analysis. The successful candidate will have:
- Desire to learn and grow with challenging and rewarding projects
- Desire to mentor and lead less experienced team members
- History of leading projects for the military or other federal agencies (e.g. Veterans’ Affairs) a plus.
- Demonstrable experience in project management, proven ability to execute on budget and on schedule with expertise in communication with the client, subcontractors, staff engineers, and other participants/stakeholders)
- BS or MS in Mechanical or Electrical engineering field or architectural field
- Registered Architect (RA/AIA), Professional Engineer (PE) (or ability to obtain a license within six months), or PMP Certification
- Great communication skills
- 4-15 years of experience
Responsibilities will include managing project requirements, design schedules, and budgets. The role will require travel approximately 10-15% of the time, offers competitive salary, benefits:
- health insurance plan (8 to choose from)
- matching retirement account (up to 3%)
- health care flexible spending account plan (FSA)
- health savings account (HSA) plan
- dental benefits
- vision benefits
- basic term life and personal accident insurance
- basic disability insurance
- adoption assistance program
- educational assistance program
- paid time off
- professional organization participation support
Serving for over 35 years, OEI is a professional architecture and engineering firm based in North Texas. With proven success, OEI has significant federal contract backlog with various agencies including USACE, VA, DHS CBP, FEMA and the Air Force. We have a lot of great opportunities for the new graduate to the seasoned professional. OEI offers:
- Hands-on experience learning different aspects of engineering, design, and analysis
- Opportunities for advancement and personal growth
- Significant contract capacity for our size company means job security for great people
- Project variety
- Challenging and rewarding work
- Competitive salaries
A strong workplace culture and a team that embodies OEI’s foundations: ethical behavior, competence, continual improvement, teamwork, and ownership (of the project, problem, and solution)
Location – OEI is situated in the heart of the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. Carrollton has been ranked one of the best places to live in Texas by the Chambers of Commerce in 2019.
You will be a valued member of our team; you won’t be just a number at OEI.
The OEI culture that we have today is based on being a Small Business. OEI strives to invest in their employees on all levels with positive reinforcement and open communication. You will have many opportunities to grow in your field, from joining well-respected engineering organizations to heavily emphasizing regular training opportunities. For us, being a Small Business gives us equal opportunities to invest in our employees.
O’Brien Engineering, Inc.
Why Work Here?
Foundations: ethical behavior, competence, continuous improvement, teamwork, and ownership (of project, problem, solution).
Founded in 1987, O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) is a well established multidiscipline professional architecture and engineering firm, with strengths in real estate support, in North Texas, serving federal, municipal, and private customers regionally and nationwide. We have a diverse mix of A/E projects and equally diverse customer base serving federal (VA, CBP, FEMA, USACE, USDA), municipal, and private entities. Our engineering services project types include renovations/repairs, studies, analyses, modeling, designs of new and existing facilities, and facilities condition assessments. Our team works on developing innovative solutions to horizontal and vertical projects. OEI fosters a collaborative work environment and heavily emphasizes regular training opportunities as well as team building fun activities for our group. If you are looking for variety in your work and an opportunity to work with great co-workers and managers, apply now!
2340 E. Trinity Mills Rd
http://www.obrieneng.com View all jobs at O’Brien Engineering, Inc.