O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) has an immediate opening for a Water Resources Engineer Project Manager to join a dynamic team to work on a variety of municipal and federal projects. This position may be remote, provided the successful candidate is willing to travel for key meetings and as the team leader requires.
Primary Function: Engineer a variety of water-related projects involving hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) modeling and analysis and schematic drainage design. Develop hydrologic and hydraulic models, prepare spreadsheet analyses, determine appropriate parameters, perform engineering calculations, perform field observations, develop 1D and 2D computer models for urban drainage analysis, floodplain mapping, watershed planning and closed conduit and open channel design. Competent in performing water resources engineering work, demonstrating a broad knowledge of hydrologic/hydraulic analysis, public and proprietary databases, and design methods. Knowledge of and experience with permitting for a variety of projects through agencies such as USACE, FEMA, TCEQ, EPA and municipalities for projects that may include map revisions, floodplain alterations, corridor development certificates, dam safety, section 404, EISA 438 compliance, and water rights. Position involves providing direction and assist in mentoring junior staff.
- Assists Project Manager in determining and developing project scope.
- Assists Project Manager in directing sub-consultants in collection of field data.
- Uses ArcGIS and related tools to compile and individualize maps for each project.
- Collects data through various databases for use in determining model parameters.
- Prepares hydrologic, hydraulic, hydrodynamic and 2D models.
- Prepares and participates in project presentations to clients and other external groups, in support of project objectives and deliverables.
- Prepares watershed mapping and inundation mapping.
- Prepares reports and directs staff in preparing graphics for reports.
- Prepares submittals for permit applications and communicates with agencies to address requests for information and clarifications.
- Assists in directing junior technical staff.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (Water Resources focus, preferred). Graduate water resources degree preferred. Seven plus years’ experience in water resources engineering.
Additional Qualifications: Proven interpersonal skills. Knowledge of production support systems and personal computer and software proficiency.
Professional Registrations: Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas (or license in another state with the ability and commitment to obtain Texas license within 12 months.)
About OEI: Are you ready to see your best efforts count?
O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) is a small North Texas firm with a big company future, and, if you’re the right fit, we could use your help getting there. We’ve had unparalleled success in winning many large federal contracts, providing a work pipeline that extends well into 2025. We also have a well-established, growing municipal, land development and private practice.
Ready to work in an environment and with leaders who value your work? See how we can partner together in a way that our best efforts will help build your career and your best efforts will strengthen our company in a way that is measurable, recognized, and appreciated.
OEI had its founding 35 years ago in Dallas, providing water resources engineering services in the municipal, land development, industrial and private market sectors. Over the years, we have grown to include program management, project management, civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, GIS mapping, and more. Added markets now include federal, healthcare, military, institutional, and real estate.
Benefits Summary: If you believe you have the qualifications and experience and are interested in joining our team, please send your resume, cover letter, and desired salary. OEI offers competitive salary and benefits including:
- medical and dental,
- Simple IRA with 3% matching,
- Short-Term Disability,
- Long-Term Disability,
- Life Insurance.
- taking ownership
- continuous improvement
- ethical behavior
What makes us unique?
- We offer high expertise in a small package
- We are structured to hear, understand, and solve customer problems
- We have a culture of training and employee development
Established in 1987 in North Texas, OEI serves clients nationwide and overseas. OEI is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Texas HUB, and TxDOT SBE firm.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org