Are you ready to see your best efforts count?
O’Brien Engineering, Inc. is a small North Texas firm with a big company future, and, if you’re the right fit, we could use your help getting there. We’ve had unparalleled success in winning many large federal contracts, providing a work pipeline that extends well into 2025. We also have a well-established, growing municipal, land development and private practice.
If you are tired of your best work continually going unrecognized, let’s talk. See how we can partner together in a way that our best efforts will help build your career and your best efforts will strengthen our company in a way that is measurable, recognized, and appreciated.
OEI had its founding 34 years ago in Dallas, providing water resources engineering services in the municipal, land development, industrial and private market sectors. Over the years, we have grown to include program management, project management, civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, land title research, GIS mapping, and more. Added markets now include federal, healthcare, military, institutional, and real estate.
The successful candidate will have experience in and with:
- 8 -15 years of experience in Architecture/Engineering industry
- Strategic mindset in pursuits
- Proposal management
- Demonstrated strategic mindset in pursuit planning
- Teaming development and strategy, relationship building
- Communicating win themes
- Working with subject matter experts/technical staff and partners to develop responses
- Strategic marketing
- Serving a variety of clients including federal and municipal
- Converting contract vehicles to task orders
- Developing, completing, and reviewing SF330s
- Developing, completing, and reviewing RFQ responses
- Customer relationship management/oversight
- Tracking opportunities and positioning the firm for wins
- Shortlist interview preparation and execution
- Technical Writing
- Working in conjunction with technical and marketing staff
- Participation in professional societies such as Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
- Managing digital vendor/directing social media efforts with vendor
- Managing marketing staff
- BS or BA degree
- Strong communication skills (verbal, oral)
- Public speaking ability
- 8 – 15 years of experience in marketing for an A/E firm
Position responsibilities will include identifying, tracking, and pursuing federal and municipal opportunities, developing a winning team, leading the proposal efforts, and converting base contracts into task orders. Participation and volunteerism in professional societies is expected. Will involve working in conjunction with marketing and technical staff. Travel up to 20 -25%.
Benefits Summary: If you believe you have the qualifications and experience and are interested in joining our team, please send your resume, cover letter, and desired salary. OEI offers competitive salary and benefits including:
- medical (8 plans to choose from), vision, dental,
- Simple IRA with 3% matching,
- Basic Term Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Basic Disability Insurance
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- 8 Paid Holidays in addition to PTO
OEI’s core values:
- taking ownership
- continuous improvement
- ethical behavior
What makes us unique?
- We offer high expertise in a small package
- We are structured to hear, understand, and solve customer problems
- We have a culture of training and employee development
Established in 1987 in North Texas, OEI serves clients nationwide and overseas. OEI is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Texas HUB, and TxDOT SBE firm.
O’Brien Engineering, Inc.
Why Work Here?
Foundations: ethical behavior, competence, continuous improvement, teamwork, and ownership (of project, problem, solution).
Founded in 1987, O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) is a well established multidiscipline professional architecture and engineering firm, with strengths in real estate support, in North Texas, serving federal, municipal, and private customers regionally and nationwide. We have a diverse mix of A/E projects and equally diverse customer base serving federal (VA, CBP, FEMA, USACE, USDA), municipal, and private entities. Our engineering services project types include renovations/repairs, studies, analyses, modeling, designs of new and existing facilities, and facilities condition assessments. Our team works on developing innovative solutions to horizontal and vertical projects. OEI fosters a collaborative work environment and heavily emphasizes regular training opportunities as well as team building fun activities for our group. If you are looking for variety in your work and an opportunity to work with great co-workers and managers, apply now!
2340 E. Trinity Mills Rd