Are you ready to see your best efforts count?
O’Brien Engineering, Inc. is a small North Texas firm with a big company future, and, if you’re the right fit, we could use your help getting there. We’ve had unparalleled success in winning many large federal contracts, providing a work pipeline that extends well into 2025. We also have a well-established, growing municipal, land development and private practice.
If you are tired of your best work continually going unrecognized, let’s talk. See how we can partner together in a way that our best efforts will help build your career and your best efforts will strengthen our company in a way that is measurable, recognized, and appreciated.
OEI had its founding 34 years ago in Dallas, providing water resources engineering services in the municipal, land development, industrial and private market sectors. Over the years, we have grown to include program management, project management, civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, land title research, GIS mapping, and more. Added markets now include federal, healthcare, military, institutional, and real estate.
Primary Function: This position is a great opportunity to advance your skills and lead a variety of civil design projects as a Civil Engineering Project Manager. Projects may include a range of subordinate disciplines such as surveying, structural, geotechnical, electrical, cost estimating, hydrology and hydraulics. This professional will mentor junior staff, review engineering calculations, conduct civil design, prepare construction plans using AutoCAD (Civil 3D experience preferred), perform field observations, meet City engineers and/or site development clients at project sites, attend City Pre-Development Meetings, attend federal Design Charrette Meetings, perform quality control review of the entire project design. The right candidate will also have a knowledge of and experience with permitting for a variety of projects through various agencies including FEMA, TCEQ, and municipalities for projects that may include site civil, utilities, linear transportation, drainage, floodplain reclamation, subdivision/platting.
- Coordinates and participates in meetings with clients and subcontractors, and drafts addendas for review by senior management.
- Directs project team members and monitors subcontractors’ compliance with subcontract agreements ; reviews subconsultant and vendor invoices.
- Prepares project work plan, scope, schedule and budget, and communicates these to project team members; monitors and manages project production for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objectives.
- Conducts civil design and prepares construction drawings using AutoCAD (Civil 3D experience preferred).
- Monitors reports and schedules to ensure appropriate charging of manhours, costs and expenses to projects, and to communicate project progress/status to senior management.
- Assists with client billings
- Coordinates with the project team, regulatory agencies, the client, and others involved with the projects.
- Design and development of engineering technical specifications, cost estimating and other related bidding documents.
- Reports financial status of projects to managers and administrators.
- Participates in project presentations to clients and other external groups, and promotes firm’s capabilities, marketing its services among existing and prospective clients.
- May supervise technical professionals and design staff including workload and staffing management.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or similar. 7 to 10 years of experience with some management of Engineers-in-Training (EITs). 3+ years of experience in project management.
Additional Qualifications: Solid interpersonal skills and public speaking ability a plus. Knowledge of production support systems and personal computer and software proficiency.. Strong background using AutoCAD design functions required (Civil 3D experience preferred.;
Professional Registrations: Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas (or license in another state with the ability and commitment to obtain Texas license within 12 months.)
Benefits Summary: If you believe you have the qualifications and experience and are interested in joining our team, please send your resume, cover letter, and desired salary. OEI offers competitive salary and benefits including:
- medical (8 plans to choose from), vision, dental,
- Simple IRA with 3% matching,
- Basic Term Life and Personal Accident Insurance
- Basic Disability Insurance
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance Program
- 8 Paid Holidays in addition to PTO
- taking ownership
- continuous improvement
- ethical behavior
What makes us unique?
- We offer high expertise in a small package
- We are structured to hear, understand, and solve customer problems
- We have a culture of training and employee development
Established in 1987 in North Texas, OEI serves clients nationwide and overseas. OEI is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Texas HUB, and TxDOT SBE firm.
O’Brien Engineering, Inc.
Why Work Here?
Foundations: ethical behavior, competence, continuous improvement, teamwork, and ownership (of project, problem, solution).
Founded in 1987, O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) is a well established multidiscipline professional architecture and engineering firm, with strengths in real estate support, in North Texas, serving federal, municipal, and private customers regionally and nationwide. We have a diverse mix of A/E projects and equally diverse customer base serving federal (VA, CBP, FEMA, USACE, USDA), municipal, and private entities. Our engineering services project types include renovations/repairs, studies, analyses, modeling, designs of new and existing facilities, and facilities condition assessments. Our team works on developing innovative solutions to horizontal and vertical projects. OEI fosters a collaborative work environment and heavily emphasizes regular training opportunities as well as team building fun activities for our group. If you are looking for variety in your work and an opportunity to work with great co-workers and managers, apply now!
2340 E. Trinity Mills Rd