Are you ready to see your best efforts count?
O’Brien Engineering, Inc. is a small North Texas firm with a big company future, and, if you’re the right candidate, we could use your help getting there. We’ve had unparalleled success in winning many large federal contracts, providing a work pipeline that extends well into 2025. We also have a well-established, growing municipal, land development and private practice.
If you are tired of your best work continually going unrecognized, let’s talk. See how we can partner together in a way that our best efforts will help build your career and your best efforts will strengthen our company in a way that is measurable, recognized, and appreciated.
OEI had its founding 34 years ago in Dallas, providing water resources engineering services in the municipal, land development, industrial and private market sectors. Over the years, we have grown to include program management, project management, civil, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, land title research, GIS mapping, and more. Added markets now include federal, healthcare, military, institutional, and real estate.
Primary Function: Civil CAD Designer. OEI is seeking a Civil CAD Designer to provide AutoCAD design and drafting support for various civil projects serving municipal, federal and private clients with a variety of design projects from conceptual phase through construction documents. Tasks will include developing construction documents and plan sets for small and large-scale development, industrial, public works, medical, military and parks/recreation projects. Top candidates will have previous civil design experience in a consulting firm environment.
- Develop complete sets of site development projects using AutoCAD Civil 3D including site geometry, utility, erosion and sediment control, grading/drainage plans and details in accordance with client, municipal and OEI design standards.
- Analyze surveys, field notes, maps, aerial photographs, and other materials to identify potential project constraints and the best approach in developing and completing projects on time and on budget.
- Complete redlines and plan revisions.
- Research and review deeds, ordinances, technical reports, municipal, state and federal codes to ensure compliance.
- Collaborate with fellow team members to provide status updates, discuss challenges, and address plan revisions.
- Occasionally support other team disciplines, including Water Resources, MEP, and Architecture.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least 4 years of Civil CAD design experience, utilizing Civil 3D
Benefits Summary: If you believe you have the qualifications and experience and are interested in joining our team, please send your resume, cover letter, and desired salary. OEI offers competitive salary and benefits including:
- medical (8 plans to choose from), vision, dental,
- Simple IRA with 3% matching,
- Basic Term Life and Personal Accident Insurance,
- Basic Disability Insurance,
- Adoption Assistance Program,
- Educational Assistance Program,
- 8 Paid Holidays in addition to PTO
- taking ownership
- continuous improvement
- ethical behavior
What makes us unique?
- We offer high expertise in a small package
- We are structured to hear, understand, and solve customer problems
- We have a culture of training and employee development
Established in 1987 in North Texas, OEI serves clients nationwide and overseas. OEI is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Texas HUB, and TxDOT SBE firm.
O’Brien Engineering, Inc.
Why Work Here?
Foundations: ethical behavior, competence, continuous improvement, teamwork, and ownership (of project, problem, solution).
Founded in 1987, O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) is a well established multidiscipline professional architecture and engineering firm, with strengths in real estate support, in North Texas, serving federal, municipal, and private customers regionally and nationwide. We have a diverse mix of A/E projects and equally diverse customer base serving federal (VA, CBP, FEMA, USACE, USDA), municipal, and private entities. Our engineering services project types include renovations/repairs, studies, analyses, modeling, designs of new and existing facilities, and facilities condition assessments. Our team works on developing innovative solutions to horizontal and vertical projects. OEI fosters a collaborative work environment and heavily emphasizes regular training opportunities as well as team building fun activities for our group. If you are looking for variety in your work and an opportunity to work with great co-workers and managers, apply now!
2340 E. Trinity Mills Rd
http://www.obrieneng.com View all jobs at O’Brien Engineering, Inc.