O’Brien Engineering, Inc., a rapidly growing multidisciplinary design firm with over 30 years in the industry, has an immediate opening for a full-time Civil Engineer Production Manager with 8+ years of experience and a history of serving a variety of clients including North Texas municipalities, federal agencies, and/or private entities. Project types and duties include a mix between project, team, and task management and the technical: civil engineering design and analysis and plan preparation. Duties will focus on ensuring timely production of high quality plans, specifications, and design analyses through management of a team of young engineers, EITs, and design technicians.
- Professional Engineer in Texas (or PE in another state, having the ability to obtain registration within in Texas through reciprocity)
- Demonstrated ability to manage the design process for a variety of civil projects, including those prepared by others (minimum of 3 years)
- Experience with the design and/or coordination of other disciplines (architecture, MEP, etc) a plus.
- Project or significant task management experience required (2 years).
- Experience with personnel management a strong plus.
- AutoCAD experience (minimum of 5 years)
- Experience with water resources projects (dams, bank stabilization, storm sewer) a plus
- Design and analysis of a variety of civil structures: drainage, roads, utilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- 8+ years of experience in a related field/role
The role will require negligible travel, offers competitive salary, benefits (including health, dental, vision, retirement, AD&D, life insurance, short- and long -term disability), and other miscellaneous benefits.
About OEI. O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) was founded as a specialty civil engineering firm over 30 years ago. Today, we remain true to our history while we have created a diverse mix of A/E projects and equally diverse customer base serving federal, municipal, and private entities. Project types include renovations/repairs, studies, analyses, and designs of new and existing facilities. Our team works on developing innovative solutions to horizontal and vertical projects. OEI fosters a collaborative work environment and heavily emphasizes regular training opportunities for our group. If you are looking for variety in your work and an opportunity to work with great co-workers and managers, apply now!
- Medical (multiple options/programs) and dental insurance
- Retirement plan with company matching
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Disability
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Company-Provided Life Insurance
Established in 1987 in North Texas, OEI serves clients nationwide and overseas. OEI is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Texas HUB, and TxDOT SBE firm.