Mechanical/Electrical/Plumbing Engineer / Department Manager: O’Brien Engineering, Inc. is seeking a full-time MEP Professional Engineer / Department Manager (MUST be a REGISTERED Professional Engineer) with experience in management of and design of plumbing, HVAC, and fire protection systems to join our team. The successful candidate’s anticipated responsibilities will be shared in design, management, reviews, and business development and he/she will work with a multidiscipline A/E team on primarily federal and/or municipal projects.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering (MS preferred)
- 15+ years of experience
- Registered Professional Engineer in Texas
- Management of people, budgets, schedules (required, demonstrable strong experience)
- HVAC and energy modeling, Fire Protection Design, Plumbing Design
- AutoCAD, Revit, Trane Trace
- Demonstrated ability to mentor junior engineers
- Experience running an MEP department
- Experience working as a lead engineer
- Demonstrated effective experience managing the ultimate MEP deliverable to the client
- Experience serving federal clients including VHA, VA, CBP, USACE, etc.
- Experience using Bluebeam for team coordination
- Experience using Navisworks for visualization
What does OEI do and why would you want to be part of our team?
O’Brien Engineering, Inc. (OEI) was founded as a specialty civil engineering firm over 30 years ago. Today, we remain true to our history while we have diversified by growing an MEP Department and have created a diverse mix of A/E projects and equally diverse customer base serving federal (VA, CBP, FEMA, USACE, USDA), municipal, and private entities. Project types include renovations/repairs, studies, analyses, and designs of new and existing facilities. Our team works on developing innovative solutions to horizontal and vertical projects. OEI fosters a collaborative work environment and heavily emphasizes regular training opportunities for our group. If you are looking for variety in your work and an opportunity to work with great co-workers and managers, apply now!
Company summary/benefits summary for each of the positions:
If you believe you have the qualifications and experience and are interested in joining our team, please send your resume, cover letter, and desired salary.
OEI offers competitive salary and benefits including medical and dental, 401K with matching, AD&D, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance.
Established in 1987 in North Texas, OEI serves clients nationwide and overseas. OEI is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business, Texas HUB, and TxDOT SBE firm.